Friday, February 10, 2012

I love being HER dad....

Hmmm.... I'm thinking long and hard about a title for this post that doesn't say "Emi." I also am trying to think of a story to tell you that doesn't include Emi so it doesn't look like I'm one of those crazy moms who only talks about their kid all the time.... this is the best I can do....

Today my mom and I went to Costco to grab some much needed items. As we made our way through Costco we joked to each other that we were going to head to the bakery and buy some Tuxedo Cake. If you recall, months ago Costco had Tuxedo Cake which was the best cake I've ever had. Seriously. And then one day they just stopped carrying it. For months we have been begging the bakery to bring back the cake. Alas, today they had it!! What a pleasent surprise! We even bought an extra to freeze.

On another note, Emi and I had a great day. Letting her go 4 hours between feedings has made my nights better. Last night I fed her at 1130. Then I fed her again at 330 and 730. So really I only had to wake up once during the night. Since she goes back to sleep right away and doesn't fuss, it has made life even easier. I am finding I need to be more patient in burping her. And really, even me remembering to burp her is progress because I kept forgetting the first few days. My mom would send me texts to remind me, and I would secretly pretend like I already knew and she was treating me like an idiot. The truth is I was so overwhelmed with breast feeding that I had forgotten such an important step and was thankful for the text reminder.

We had some more visitors today which was a lot of fun. My friend Katie and her daughter Ellery stopped by. Ellery is excited to teach Emi everything she knows. Ellery had been practicing her name all day and was so proud to tell me.

Here is a pic of Ellery holding Emi:

I think Ellery is ready to be a big sister! She did a great job with Emi!

Katie Emi's Yoga Instructor also stopped by for her first Yoga lesson. Emi loved it!

 Here is a pic from the doctor's office yesterday: Her shirt says "Daddy's Favorite Girl." The shirt was too small for me so I let Emi wear it.

And just because she looks so cute as a polar bear, here is a pic of Emi dressed and ready to go on her outing yesterday.

This morning after I got done feeding Emi and handed her off to dad to burp. As Tommy sat and looked at Emi while he burped her I said "Do you love being a dad?" Tommy said "I love being her dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment