Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I waited all day long to post this Thankful Thursday blog. Why? Because I had hoped to be writing a blog like this:

"The Most Thankful Thursday: Today I welcomed Emme Kay Takekawa into the world. I have a short and easy labor. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. She has the most perfect even-numbered birthday of 2-2-2012, and was born on one of the most beautiful February days that Iowa has ever seen. [Insert cute picture of child and mom looking glamorous after birth]"


Well.... that didn't happen. (Note: I repeat- I did not have my baby today. The previous paragraph is only in my dreams. I'm still huge pregnant.

So instead, here is my Thankful Thursday:

I'm thankful that my mother-in-law made it safely to Des Moines. I am glad that now she will be able to share the happy time of welcoming our baby into the world. Having her here makes my husband feel more at ease, and I am glad that she is able to spend the next three weeks with us. Wow- that was mature!


I know every week I talk about how thankful I am for my family and friends, but seriously, they all rock. I love all the text messages and phone calls I have been getting all week wondering how BGT and I are doing. How lucky is BGT to have so many people that love her and care about her when they have never even met her?!

I'm thankful for this gorgeous weather. I washed my car and am so happy I can get in and out of it without getting my nice sweats dirty.

I'm thankful that I have still had so much energy to get things done around the house. Before I went into work today I loaded and washed dishes, did a load of laundry, finished cleaning up the guest bedroom, repacked the hospital bag (since I was certain we would be taking it with us soon). Grant it, I didn't make it into work until 10am.

Lastly, I'm thankful for hot baths, a comfy bed, pretty nail polish, clean laundry, lip balm, soft toilet paper, and  lavender scented lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment