Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for all the new TV shows that have started this week (Bethanny Ever After, Real Housewives, Khloe & Lamar, Celebrity Apprentice, Amazing Race...) It provides for more entertainment while I feed Emi. Also, Dancing with the Stars starts soon, and I'm very excited for the new season of Bachelorette that will start in May and feature Emily Maynard.

I'm thankful for my girlfriend, Caprice, who came over and took some amazing photos of Emi. Hopefully you easily accessed them on my blog a few days ago. (No Fear if you were not able- I've posted some of my favorites below). Aren't they to die for? I'm also thankful that Shutterfly read my mind about ordering photos and sent me a coupon in my email. You know I love a deal- and I got free shipping, 5 free photocards, and 25% off my purchase! I can't wait to get my photos in the mail so I can get photos of Emi all over my house, my parents' house, my office and Tommy's office.

I'm thankful that the weekend is so close!

I'm thankful that breastfeeding burns so many calories- I feel so much less guilty about all the Easter candy I have consumed lately.

I'm thankful that God gave me the "mom" gene. You know, the one that doesn't make you gag when you smell your baby's poop. The one that doesn't think your baby's spit up is gross.. Last night I even considered wearing a shirt to bed that Emi had peed on earlier. 

I'm thankful for the moments after I'm done feeding Emi and put her on my shoulder to burp her and she turns her head up to me and just looks at me while I feed her. I'm thankful for the phone calls from Tommy during the day to check up on Emi, and the excitement in his voice when he hears her grunting in the background. I'm thankful for the little grunts, groans and purrs that Emi makes during the day and night that you can't help but smile when you hear. I'm thankful for all the time I get to spend with Emi, and I am so glad that I do not have to count down the days yet to when I have to bring her to daycare and go to work without her. It seriously makes work so much less stressful to know I can have her with me for awhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment