Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for this beautiful weather. Even though I haven't gotten out much, it is nice to have the sun shining bright through the windows. I really want to take Emi out for a walk, but I cant decide whether its still too cold for that or not. Google says it would be fine.

I'm thankful that our first doctor's appointment for Emi is tomorrow. She has been having the hiccups quite a bit, and I am anxious to talk to the doctor about that. Also, there has been some discussion regarding the number of hours she sleeps without a feeding and whether I should let her do that. Ironically, two nights ago she went two five hour stretches without eating. It was bliss. However, when people find this out they seem to be jealous appalled, making me feel like I should be waking up my perfectly content baby to have her barely eat. Emi must have felt my inner conflict about that because last night she woke up every two hours to feed! Oh, what a night! I will be glad to know that she has gained weight and relieved when the doctor tells me I can continue to let her sleep.

I am thankful that the cute little hat I ordered already arrived. Emi has an upcoming photo shoot, and I really wanted her to be able to sport this hat:


Lastly, I'm thankful that Emi's newborn photos came in the mail today (the ones the hospital took). When Tommy and I ordered the photos we were under the impression we had just ordered one picture for three different poses. We were pleasantly surprised when the pictures arrived and we had two pictures each for the three different poses.





Last night Tommy and I gave Emi a bath. I love how soft her hair is after I wash it. Emi and I are going to have to discuss how she wants her hair styled!
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment