Friday, January 27, 2012

Life Before BGT

Here is what a typical day has looked like for the past eight weeks in the Takekawa household:

6:15 - I arrive home from work;
6:25 - After quickly changing into my sweat pants (unless of course I already had them on at work) I open the fridge, quickly close it realizing that whatever is in there is and has been expired, and call Tommy to pick something up on the way home from work;
7:15 - Tommy arrives home from work. He finds me upstairs laying in bed usually looking up something on the computer. I have already stopped in the baby's room a few times - not to see anything in particular. Just to look around.
7:45 - We finish dinner and discuss what we are going to do for the rest of the evening which usually includes a long list of things I want to get done.
7:46 - Tommy heads upstairs to change into sweatpants. He makes a quick detour into the baby's room to check everything out (though nothing has changed). I lay back down in bed. Tommy changes and lays down next to me.
8:40 - For nearly the last hour we have visit about our day but also sit in silence thinking quietly to ourselves about how our lives are about to change. We can see each other thinking the same thoughts but do not care to articulate how nervous we are about all the changes. Tommy asks me to sign on to facebook so he can see updated pictures/videos of his niece. He watches the same video at least three times.
8:41 - We realize that its now too late to go run errands, to do any laundry, or get anything checked off of our to do list.  We lay there for another 30ish minutes. I tell Tommy BGT is moving around like crazy. Tommy puts his hand on my stomach and she stops moving. Tommy removes his hand and she begins to move wildly.
9:10 - We now realize that our 9pm shows have already started and we missed the start of our favorite shows. We discuss moving the DVR from the living room to the bedroom. We decide it would be a good idea, but we do not do it. I decide to take a bath. Tommy decides to turn on the tv and shop online for baby.
10:00 - Tommy tells me about all the things he found online. I tell him about all the scary things I read in the baby book while taking a bath. We both decide its time for bed. We argue about who should go downstairs and ensure the doors are locked and turn off the lights. Tommy goes and turns the lights off and locks the door.
10:05 - Tommy is fast asleep snoring already. I lay awake.
Midnight - I'm still awake. Irritated, I either wake Tommy up to tell him that his snoring his keeping me awake, or I wake him up to tell him I cant sleep (either of which he already knows).
1 am - we both fall asleep. We discuss why I cant sleep.
5 am - I wake up. I think about going into work early.
6:15 -  I fall back asleep.
645 - The alarm goes off. I kick Tommy. He says- "5 more minutes."
715 - I kick Tommy again. Tommy gets ready for work now disappointed that he is going to be "late."
7:45 - I get out of bed now annoyed that not only am I going to be "late" to work, but also irritated that I slept like crap and could have gotten up hours earlier to go to work.
8:00 - Tommy leaves for work
8: 20 - I leave for work.

(during the day we discuss how we should go to the grocery store and eat at home that evening.

And our day starts all over again....

1 comment: