Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ten Things...

Here are ten random thoughts about Pregnancy/BGT:

1. I think my mom is right when she says that God makes the last weeks of pregnancy so miserable so that you are ready to push the baby out when the day comes.

2. BGT will never know what its like to push a tape into a vhs player.

3. 14 weeks ago I couldn't wait to wear those comfy maternity clothes. Now I cant wait to get back to my normal clothes!

4. If BGT were not born on February 10, my second guess would have been that she is born on January 22. My third guess is January 23. The reason is that today is the last day of the Chinese Year- which would have made her a rabbit. In T-55 minutes BGT will officially be a Dragon baby. I really do not care that much about what year she is born in. I just do not want to listen to all the crap you would give me if she were born the last day of the rabbit year!

5. People have a very strong opinion about whether you should have your child at Mercy or Methodist hospital. I am having my baby at Methodist, but I really do not have a strong opinion about it.

6. My favorite place to shop for baby is Baby Depot. (It is in the back of Burlington Coat Factory on Merle Hay Road). The prices are as cheap as amazon.com and you can always find a 15% off coupon. Just make sure you go with a friend and pack mace.

7. If BGT looks like a BBT then I can always buy the onsie at Hobby Lobby that says "I'm a girl!"

8. Having recently found out a friends of mine had natural deliveries, I began to doubt whether I should be planning on getting an epidural. I googled the main reasons for not having an epidural and not one of them was even close to convincing me that I should do natural. Back to the three step birth plan!

9. It kind of just recently occurred to me that people look pregnant some time after giving birth. I am not looking forward to those looks of "is she or isn't she?"

10. I feel very very convinced now that BGT should be named Emme Kay. Tommy - not so convinced. I have a few strategies including yelling "Emme!" when the nurse hands us the baby and asks us the baby's name. Also, I may make labor seem worse than normal so he feels that he should give in to her name. I hope to not have to use any of these strategies, but I am certainly not above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment