Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Do you ever let one thing just really annoy you? Do you ever let it annoy you so much that even though you know in your head that there is no reason to be annoyed you just let it consume you? I HATE when that happens. I am letting something like that bother me today. I've had my computer open in front of me for 30 minutes. I could go on and on and on about all the things I am thankful for! But instead, all I could think about was this one annoying totally irrelevant thing. Do you want to know why I have not disclosed this one annoying really irrelevant thing? Because I'm too embarrassed to admit to you that I'd let something so little and unimportant in life bother me. :-)

Moving on....

I'm thankful that I have been able to wear my nice black sweat pants to work without anybody noticing (or people being too nice to say anything about it!),

I'm thankful for my thoughtful coworkers who are throwing BGT and I a baby shower tomorrow. I'm also thankful for my loving and generous family who are throwing BGT and I a shower on Saturday. Seriously, the thoughtfulness and love people have for my unborn baby just overwhelms me. It nearly brings me to tears every time I think about it. Oh, and I'm thankful for friends with good taste who have picked out beyond adorable things for BGT.

I'm thankful that I get to see my favorite doctor tomorrow for my weekly check up. I'm also thankful that after a wonderful lunch today with a wonderful friend, I found out that her doctor is in the same practice group as my doctor. She speaks so highly of him, and it makes me feel better knowing that if he happens to be on call when I have BGT that we'll be in good hands!

I'm thankful that even when I come home in a crabby mood and let things come out of my mouth to my husband that I should not, that he is able to forgive me when I immediately ask for forgiveness and then agree to paint my toenails, put lotion on my legs and rub my head to help me fall asleep.

I'm thankful that I got my haircut today!

Lastly, I'm thankful that I wrote this post. Ten minutes ago I did not even want to write it because I could only think about things I hated and was not thankful for! I even considered calling it unthankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment